It's Suddenly September...

This month it's shaping to be a great one. For starters the great state of Texas it's celebrating
"Hug a Texas Chef Month".
I just want to call my travel agent and get some tickets to head over there.
Who wouldn't want to be shown some of that love and appreciation . Then some of my favorite ingredients share September as their National Month: Biscuits, Chicken, Mushrooms, Papaya, Potatoes and Rice. Are you kidding me, this is like the perfect mystery basket that all the contestants on Master Chef or Chopped 
want to get; well at least I would. 

At this point my mind is racing with all kind of ideas. Once again I want to enjoy, cooking for my friends, which never seem to have a problem of taking part of my culinary adventures. 
Since there are some storms around I have a plan. If its raining a nice creamy chicken pot pie with an herbed biscuit topping or a rich mushroom ragu with rib meat along some fresh pasta will comfort us. On the other hand if we have good weather and can fire up the grill some ribeye steaks and a simple but flavorful warm mustard potato salad with crispy bacon, roasted peppers and capers.

For now let me share a simple recipe for Papaya Milkshake. I had this today after running a bunch of errands and when the temperature was like 100* Take your blender out and then add:
1 cup of ice
1 scoop of vanilla ice cream (optional * sub for some more sugar and milk)
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
Fresh Lechosa / Papaya
1 can of evaporated milk
1/4 cup of sugar
1 1/2 cups of papaya chunks.
1/2 cup of orange juice (save for the very end)
Blend all ingredients on high until smooth
and right before you turn blender off add the OJ.

Enjoy and look forward for some great rice, mushrooms and potatoes recipes.
Jerry S>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!